Notion is an all-in-one collaborative workspace for organizing your personal and professional information. You can add notes, to-do lists, custom no-code relational databases, tables, toggles, embeds from any website, images, files, and so much more.
You can create and structure your content however you wish. It’s flexibility and adaptability has individuals comparing it to a big box of Legos where you can build and organize anything you want.
I’ve been using Google Keep for quick notes but since I now have most of my information in Notion, I would like to add Quick Notes in the app also.
Currently, Notion does not have Home Screen Quick Actions or a 3D Touch menu. That’s the menu that pops up when you lightly press an app icon. This means you need to open the app to add anything.
When you first open Notion, there’s a small round button at the bottom right to create a new Page.
UPDATE: This method no longer works due to AirLaunch no longer being in the App Store. However, you may be able to substitute this method by using a different launcher app. I’ll update this soon!
Steps to add a Quick Note
These first steps you will only have to do as a one-time setup.
• Create an Inbox Page in Notion. This will be your main Page to capture anything and organize at a later time.
- Create a Template Button. Click the + and Template is in Advanced Blocks all the way at the bottom.
• In the Button, create a new Page.
(Delete the default To Do checkbox and rename your Template to Add A New Note.)
• On this page, create a template to use as a default for each Quick Note.
Created at: Date
To do list check box, etc.
• Now copy the link to your Inbox page
(Share > Copy Page Link)
- Download the AirLaunch app on iPhone. You can use the free option for this tutorial.
- Click + and add a new launcher
- Choose Custom
- Paste URL from your Inbox page in URL box
Label ‘Quick Note’
- Add AirLaunch to your widget screen (not the one that says AirLaunch Widget. Weird, I know.)
Second set of steps
You will do this to create your Quick Note each time.
- Click your Quick Note button on the Widget Screen
- Click your New Note Template
Now, each note will stay in Inbox until you move it to it’s correct location in your workspace!